Required from October 2019 to July 2020
Part time 24 hours per week
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 8.45am to 1.15pm
Tuesday – 8.45am to 12.45pm and 1.15pm to 3.15pm
Grade 4 £18,426 (FTE) £9.55 per hour, pro rata for 24 hours £8939
Term time only
One year fixed term contract
“Education is for improving lives and for leaving your community and world better than you found it”
Chadsmead Primary Academy Governors along with the Directors of Community Academies Trust wish to appoint an outstanding and inspirational Teaching Assistant at Chadsmead Primary Academy, where children thrive in its caring, exciting, and inspirational learning environment.
The Community Academies Trust is a group of primary, secondary and National Teaching Schools. We are driven by a desire to lead rather than follow, and to be beacons of outstanding local provision, which our community can rely on for the excellent education we provide for our children. We have a proven track record of achieving success and our schools are supported by expertise and support from across the trust.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a happy and vibrant school that was judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in June 2019.
An enthusiastic, committed and skilled Teaching Assistant is required to provide 1-2-1 care and support groups of pupils within the classroom.
This role would ideally suit a competent, qualified Teaching Assistant with a genuine passion for teaching. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Responsibility and accountability for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- Treat pupils with dignity, build relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observe proper boundaries appropriate to a professional position
- Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
- Have strong emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and attitudes to use of authority and maintain discipline
- Have a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from CAT ethos
- Relate positively to and show respect for all members of the school and wider community ongoing relevant professional self-development
How do I apply?
To apply for the position, please download and complete the Application Form and submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Mrs G Grainger
Chadsmead Primary Academy
Please note CV's will not be considered.
Closing date Wednesday 25 September 2019 at 4pm.
Visits to the school are very welcome and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 01543 421850.
Candidates selected for interview will be informed by phone or e-mail by Friday 27 September.
Interviews will be held during week commencing 30 September 2019
Community Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the standards in line with Community Academies Trust vision and values.
If you have any questions or require any further information, please contact the Office on 01543 421850.
With regards to queries on the application process please contact a member of the Community Academies Trust Human Resources team on 01827 702216 ext. 3128.