Head of Educational Development
4 days left
Salary: £48,099 - £53,544
Closing date: 20/09/2019
Location: Plough Lane, Hereford
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Head of Service Education Development. This is a 3 tier post, reporting to the Assistant Director Education, Development and Skills, with frequent contact with school leaders, the director of Children’s Wellbeing and the lead member. The role is responsible for a small team of improvement officers who are focused on the council’s schools’ capital investment strategy.
Specific Accountabilities include:
• To lead, develop and manage the capital development strategy and programme for Children & Families and ensure it delivers the objectives of Herefordshire’s strategic plans, including national initiatives and priorities. This will include incorporating government initiatives, making full use of any bidding processes, opportunities for 106 monies within the Herefordshire approach, and strategic and operational work with other Herefordshire service areas including planning.
• To ensure that the DfE and other national statutory returns are completed accurately and on time.
• To lead the strategic development of early years, schools (including Academies and Free Schools) and post 16 provision sufficiency so that Herefordshire has high quality, efficient provision
• To lead on individual early years, school and college projects for the local authority, including all aspects of consultation and statutory processes.
• To link with other council service areas to ensure that transport provision and policy is informed by the latest educational policy requirements and objectives
• To ensure that performance data, analysis and tactical systems effectively target areas for development and support the work of Education Development & Skills, and Children & Families as a whole. To ensure that the DfE and other national statutory returns are completed accurately and on time
• To lead and commission the development of emergency planning, health and safety, and service continuity planning for Children & Families, within the council approach, to ensure that statutory obligations are discharged effectively, including the local authority’s responsibilities regarding early years, schools and college settings.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required and/or desirable
• Expertise and significant record of achievement in areas of service covered by this role.
• Ability to think ahead and deliver innovative approaches to service delivery.
• Strong organisational/’political’ awareness and track record of successful service delivery within a broader perspective than own service area.
• Able to facilitate change using a range of different styles and mechanisms
• Good understanding of broader sector and emerging trends.
• Experience of leading staff and creating high performing teams.
• A track record of achieving value-for-money
An excellent professional, technical and developmental record that is public service focused, including relevant specialist knowledge, acquired through qualification to Qualifications & Curriculum Framework Level 7 for specialist knowledge and managerial knowledge or equivalent experience for both.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria of the job are guaranteed an interview.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
Holidays: 25 days per year plus 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
Pension: LGS pension scheme
Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must apply online for this vacancy, we do not accept emailed CV’S.
Please specify whether you have a disability.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com