‘Solar was set up as a service not about thresholds or Tiers, but about timely access to appropriate support in line with children and young people's needs.'
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (BSMHFT) and Barnardo's have worked together since 2015 to provide a truly integrated emotional wellbeing and mental health service in Solihull for children and young people aged 0-19 and their families.
Mental Health in Schools Team
In 2017, the Government published its Green Paper: ‘Transforming Children and Young People's Mental Health', which detailed proposals for expanding access to mental health care for children and young people, building upon the national NHS Transformation programme.
Birmingham and Solihull CCG were successful in a bid to provide 2 Mental Health Support Teams (one in South Birmingham and one in North Solihull). Barnardo's, within Solar, will provide 1 new trailblazer team in Solihull, from January 2020.
We are looking to recruit a numerate, accurate, methodical and analytical Service Administrator to work across both the SOLAR and Mental Health in Schools Team. You will be able to manage the office, service and staff in a confidential, innovative, adaptive and consistent manner demonstrating efficiency and reliability, including meeting deadlines.
It is essential that you have:
- Proven substantial office experience.
- Proven substantial experience of using IT packages including word processing, spread sheets, databases, Windows applications.
- Experience of operating financial systems including petty cash, budget monitoring and control.
- Experience of premises/facilities management.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public and other agencies.
- Experience of managing staff including undertaking supervision, induction and performance management.
- Experience of managing complex financial systems including financial reporting and audit.
This is a full time position - 36.25 hours per week, working Monday-Friday. Flexibility may be available subject to business need around actual start and finish times. You will be based at our service within the Bishop Wilson Clinic, Chelmsley Wood but you will be required to travel to other locations within the Midlands area for training and meetings.
For an informal discussion regarding this role, please contact Linzi Harris - Resources Manager - on (0121) 550 5271 quoting the job reference number.
When completing your application please refer to your skills, knowledge and experience, in relation to the Person Specification, Job Description and Additional Information document. This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.