SENCO - Ref: TV23819
Barcroft Primary School
Salary: MPS/UPS3 +TLR 2
Required January 2020, full-time, three days allocated to SENCO role, 2 days teaching role. The school is open to this being a part time or job- share role as long as the 3 days for the SENCO role is covered.
Barcroft Primary are seeking an experienced SENCO who is able to drive outstanding provision for our SEN pupils.
Barcroft Primary is a large oversubscribed primary school in Willenhall close to junction 10 of the M6. We were graded as good overall in our last Ofsted (Oct 2016) and described as a rapidly improving school. With this in mind we are looking for an aspiring leader to help us achieve our ambition to be outstanding in our next Ofsted.
You will be:
- An experienced SENCO familiar with the responsibility of the the day-to-day operations of the school’s SEN policy and general SEN assessments and administration duties.
- An excellent teacher able to co-ordinate additional support for SEN pupils developing effective ways of overcoming barriers to a child’s learning and ensuring that they receive effective teaching.
- A professional that is able to liaise with parents, teachers and external services and report to the head teacher and Governors
In return, Barcroft Primary can offer you:
- Enthusiastic well behaved pupils who enjoy learning.
- A committed and caring staff team with a positive attitude towards school improvement.
- Investment in your future development through a well thought out personalised CPD programme
- A state of the art, well resourced new school building with inspiring outdoor areas (described as stunning by Ofsted)
For more information, an application form or to arrange a school visit, please contact the school admin team.
Telephone: 01902 368132
Headteacher: Mrs J. K. Johl
Closing date: Thursday 17th October 2019
Interviews: Thursday 24th October 2019
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced CRB disclosure check along with relevant employment checks.Supporting documents
Senco job description.doc
Senco person spec.doc
Job Application Form Teaching Staff.doc