Learning Support Assistant, Level 2, Mesty Croft Academy
We are looking to appoint a full-time and permanent Level 2 Teaching Assistant post. This post is a generic post and could involve working in class to support the Class Teacher and children or to support children with 1:1 funding.
In addition to being an outstanding practitioner, the successful candidates will:
- Be qualified to Level 2 or above;
- Have commitment to maintaining our positive ethos and values;
- Be an enthusiastic and imaginative teaching assistant who is knowledgeable about the primary curriculum and has a good understanding of special educational needs;
- Be able to demonstrate experience of supporting class teachers with the delivery of the curriculum and pastoral care;
- Have high standards of English and Mathematics;
- Have a positive attitude with excellent communication skills;
- Have high expectations of children's achievements and behaviour;
- Be able to demonstrate emotional resilience and a strong ability to demonstrate their own initiative, build good relationships with pupils and establish positive behaviours for learning;
- Be flexible to meet the needs of the school;
- Experience in Upper Key Stage 2.
- A hardworking and supportive staff team;
- A highly supportive Leadership Team;
- A welcoming and supportive Board of Governors;
- Well behaved children who enjoy school;
- An Academy where standards continue to improve;
- An opportunity to make a difference;
- Continuing Professional Development.
Start Date: ASAP
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by appointment only. Please contact Mrs Joanne Rana by telephone on 0121 556 0854 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Application packs are available to download below or the school website:
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com or post to the school address below:
Mesty Croft Academy, St. Luke’s Road, Wednesbury, WS10 0QY
CVs will not be accepted.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement of the role.
Please ensure application forms are signed if sending via email.
If you have provided an email address, correspondence will be sent via e-mail.
If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. If you do not receive such an email, please conclude that you have not been short-listed.
Interviews will take place on Friday 27th September 2019 for all shortlisted applicants.
Mesty Croft Academy is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. The post holder will be expected to contribute to safeguarding in accordance with the agreed policy. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Salary: Grade B (£17,711 to £18,426) Pro-rata. This is the full time salary and will be adjusted according to the hours/weeks worked.
Hours of Work: 27.5 hours per week, term-time only
Closing Date: Monday 23rd September 2019 at 12.00 midday