Here at the Job Shop, we are passionate about supporting residents of Coventry into work, training or education.
This is an opportunity for you to make a difference to individuals and help people enhance their strengths and improve their job skills. You will act as a mentor to identify needs, tackle barriers and support individuals to a positive future of employment, training or education. Excellent communication skills partnered with critical thinking and a passion to help others are prerequisites for this job.
- Assist customers to discover and overcome personal barriers and set achievable goals
- Monitor and evaluate progress
- Target driven with an appetite to achieve KPI’s
- Complete and document relevant paperwork and prepare appropriate reports
- Develop effective job coaching and employment action plans
- Awareness and knowledge of European Funded Projects
- Proven experience as a job coach or similar preferable
- Have a can do and solution focused approach
- Experience in developing employment action plans
- Ability to adhere to regulations and standards
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving ability
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Ability to communicate with a range of people in an appropriate way
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, using various methods dependent on the audience, both verbally and in writing
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative, demonstrating flexibility and resourcefulness
- Able to produce information from IT systems in a clear format.
- Good management of personal workload, including the ability to resolve conflicting priorities and time management to meet deadlines
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week
Interview Date: 08/10/2019
In return, we can offer you an excellent pension scheme, 'MyCar' scheme, flexible working, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse communities we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers.
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
When recruiting, we review candidates against our Behaviour Framework . To find out more information about the Behaviour Framework please click here.
Need help with your application?
If you would like support in completing your application, then help is available at the Job Shop.
Coventry City Council’s Job Shop is a free service for all Coventry residents. Come in and see one of our dedicated advisers and receive 1 to 1 support.
We are open Monday-Friday 9.15-4.30pm (Thursday 10.30)
Address: 1 Bull Yard, Coventry, CV1 1LH
Phone: 024 7678 5740
Website: http://www.coventry.gov.uk/jobshopSupporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf