Financial Accounting Officer required
1 day left
Financial Accounting Officer required: Ref EX04219
St Chad’s Academies Trust, Three Spires House, Station Road, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS3 6HX
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 (dependent upon experience) + Pension & Car Parking
Contract: Permanent, full time
Start Date : 1st November or as soon as possible
As one of the highest performing multi academy trusts serving the Diocese of Lichfield, St Chad’s Academies Trust is transforming the futures of young children in our Church of England academies. The Trust which formed in 2014 comprises of 16 (first, middle and primary) academies.
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity to further develop your professional development and broaden your vocational knowledge base whilst improving the life chances of young people?
We are looking for an ambitious, dynamic, resourceful, professional individual who wishes to enhance their career through new challenges and opportunities, providing quality financial support to all of our academies.
As a Trust we are committed to work/life balance, continual personal development opportunities and health and wellbeing. The position attracts a competitive pension scheme (Church Workers Pension Scheme). A full and considered tailored induction programme is in place to ensure your employment starts productively; welcoming you to the team.
The successful candidate will have experience and a proven track record as a financial accounting officer, working with academies and as part of the central function and will be the first point of contact for senior leaders and business managers within our academies. Experience within the education sector would be beneficial but we do encourage and welcome applicants from outside of the sector to apply, where skills are transferrable. We embrace a proactive and innovative business approach promoting a breadth of experience and knowledge which add strength and value to our systems.
We are looking for Finance practitioners who will:
- Deliver a customer service of a consistently high standard to the Communities of Practice and academies.
- Be able to share and reflect on good practice with Principals, Business Managers and other senior colleagues and work flexibly alongside and in support of them.
- Provide support to the Trust and its academies; providing stringent financial due diligence processes for prospective schools joining the Trust.
- Ensure the delivery of accurate financial support, monitoring, maintenance and reporting across the Trust.
- Support the growth of the Trust and its staff in areas of finance, ensuring that the overall effectiveness of the finance function is never less than good.
- Think strategically and act practically to promote the ethos of the Trust through collaborative working across multiple disciplines.
- Promote and model the Christian values and ethos of the Trust
We welcome and encourage informal discussions about the role expectations, so if you are interested please contact our Director of Finance, Helen Steel on 01543 622433 or email email@example.com . For further information and an application pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Noon 19th September 2019
Shortlisting: 20th September 2019 (Notification will be issued by 1st class post, same day, to invite for interview)
Interviews: 26th September 2019
Please return all completed applications both post or electronically to Chloe Norton, office administrator, using either the above address details or email address. Thank you.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/ vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
St Chad’s Academies Trust is committed and working towards equal opportunity in employment.Supporting documents
Information for Applicants