KS2 Class Teacher - Moorlands Primary School
We welcome applications from newly qualified or experienced teachers who want to join us our exciting journey.
Moorlands Primary School is a Foundation Primary School with pupils ranging from 4 to 11 years of age. The school is situated close to the Wednesbury/West Bromwich boundary.
The school was built in 1960 with seven classrooms in the main building, a multi-purpose hall and a school kitchen. The school also has its own enclosed but extensive playing fields with a variety of outdoor learning resources.
Moorlands Primary School's Vision
At Moorlands Primary School we aim to educate all children so that they have the skills to become life-long learners as the world evolves. We are a happy, nurturing and caring school, which caters for everyone. We have pupils that grow into confident and tolerant individuals, who embrace their unique qualities. Our staff will provide the challenge and an inspiring curriculum in order to ignite the children’s passion for learning. Our parents will support the school and its core values through their encouragement and partnership in all aspects of school life.
To achieve this, we aim to provide:
• An inspiring curriculum, which leads to exceptional results in Reception, end of Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
• Pupils with analytic and reasoning skills.
• Pupils with a wealth of opportunities to experience non-curricular activities to enhance learning.
• Pupils who understand that values are at the heart of who we are, driving what we do and how we do it.
Our ambition: ‘Anything is Possible!” These words reflect our ambition, drive and belief that EVERYONE at Moorlands Primary School can fulfil their true potential in all aspects of their learning!
If this vision reflects your own values, then you could be the Class Teacher for us.
• A warm and welcoming atmosphere where values are embedded through all aspects of school life,
• Well behaved, kind, caring, happy and hard-working pupils who are enthusiastic about learning,
• Highly talented, dedicated and motivated staff which work as a very happy and supportive team,
• A supportive and active Governing Body,
• Opportunities for you to continue to develop as a teacher.
We are looking for a class teacher who:
• Is an outstanding practitioner with a genuine passion for learning and teaching in Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2,
• Has a passion and commitment to the principles which underpin high quality teaching and learning of the 2014 National Curriculum and Expectations,
• Will be responsible for creating a stimulating and nurturing environment which encourages all children to develop and progress to their full potential,
• Can lead and empower others,
• Encourages and seeks to create a positive and creative learning environment.
Moorlands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We welcome visits from prospective candidates. Please contact the school office on 0121 556 0352 to arrange a visit. Application forms are available downloadable from SMBC jobs website and returnable to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 11th October 2019
Shortlisting: Monday 14th October 2019
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 21st October 2019
27.5 hours per week, term time only
MPR £23,720 - £35,008
Winchester Road, West Bromwich B71 2NZ
Friday 11th October 2019