Teacher of English (The Bridge Centre)
TEACHER OF ENGLISH – KS3/KS4
PERMANENT – PART TIME (0.6)
PAYSCALE MS1 – UPS3 (£23,720 - £39,406)
The Bridge Centre caters for students from Key Stages 1 to 4 who have been permanently excluded from school, students with medical conditions including anxiety and it also offers short programmes for students who are presenting challenging behaviour in their mainstream settings. Successful applicants will have a commitment to raising the self-esteem and achievement levels of disaffected students. We would welcome applications from candidates with mainstream or special experience.
We are looking for someone who:
- is an inspiring teacher with a successful track record of work with pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs.
- has proven teaching excellence with a commitment to high standards
- has excellent communication skills, resilience and a sense of humour
- has energy, enthusiasm and a commitment to team working and supporting colleagues.
- an empathetic communicator, who leads by example and builds positive relationships with students, parents/carers, staff and all other stakeholders
Following our recent Ofsted Inspection in June 2019 we are pleased to announce that the school achieved ‘Good’ in all areas.
Visits would be encouraged.
To arrange a visit please contact the school office on 01543 255872.
Please forward all applications to email@example.com
Closing date Friday 25th September, 2019
Interviews – w/b 30th September, 2019
This position is subject to enhanced DBS clearance.