Head of Customer and Library Services
£69856.00 - £73870.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
37.0 Hours per Week
The team at Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council are on an exciting path of growth and development. Passionate about delivering exceptional services, we are constantly looking for ways that we can improve life for our local communities. If we think something can be done better, then we are not afraid to make the necessary changes, and with ongoing plans to reinvest in Culture and the Arts, those changes are happening on a daily basis.
With your portfolio of challenges including a number of key areas including registration and bereavement services, customer and library services, corporate complaints and blue badge administration and a supporting role in emergency resilience, this is a multi-layered challenge that will require you to think creatively. We are therefore seeking a dynamic individual who will drive forward the necessary changes to help Solihull thrive – if you decide that an area needs transforming, then we will support you in your endeavours.
As such, you will have a budget of up to £5million and an income budget of the same amount, with the remit to develop opportunities to generate income and to find efficiencies to meet future financial challenges.
This is an exciting opportunity to make lasting change that will benefit Solihull for years to come. We will therefore encourage you to work with the community and other local councils to develop mutually beneficial relationships. For example, you will explore how the libraries could be developed as valuable assets by the local community, and you will champion staff flexibility, so that employees can take on cross-skilled roles.
As such, you will be a creative problem-solver, with an innovative approach to finding sustainable results. You will also have:
- Experience of leading substantial corporate projects.
- A good knowledge of customer services.
- A good understanding of customer needs and demands.
- Calm leadership skills with the capacity to inspire great results, while entrusting your team to get on with the day-to-day running of the various departments.
- A dynamic approach to getting things done. You will therefore be a self-starter who has the confidence to challenge ideas that you do not agree with.
- Plenty of resilience – while this is a great team, you will have the ability to see your colleagues through periods of change and handle any situations that have the scope to be high-profile.
- Exceptional communication and partnership skills.
Together, we have the scope to create a bright future for Solihull’s residents and establish this incredible area as a cultural and artistic hub. For an informal discussion please contact Amy Boorman on 07771 556 010 or Amy.Boorman@peoplescout.co.uk.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.