Business Support Assistant
18.5 Hours per week – Temporary until 31st March 2020
This post is working Wednesday afternoon (1.00pm-5.00pm, Thursday 8.30am-5.00pm and Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm).
The Families First service are looking for someone to provide high level business support administration to work within the Care Planning & Court Team based in Cross-Heath, Newcastle-under-Lyme.
We are looking for a candidate to:
- To provide a high level of administrative support to the Locality Manager and fieldwork staff, as part of the Support Services Team, consistent with Directorate Standards and to improve and maintain information data on the Client Information System.
- To provide support and assistant to nominated Managers and Social Work Teams, including dealing with telephone messages, diary management, data inputting and other general administration.
- The production of high-quality word-processed documents.
- To maintain and monitor extensive and varied IT facilities.
- Accurately input information and data to databases to ensure the Service meets relevant Performance Indicators. This will involve working with Locality Manager to identify the data and also providing management information regarding this on a regular basis.
- To maintain service user records, computer based and manual.
- To assist and work with other relevant staff to improve the capture and quality of information held on the Directorate’s databases
- Servicing of meetings including sending out invitations, attendance and minute taking and the production and distribution of records to agreed timescales.
- To undertake a range of Customer Service duties including face to face and over the telephone.
- Process day to day financial transactions within the office in accordance with financial regulations.
GCSE English, WP Qualification, NVQ 2 in Business Administration are essential. Good written and oral communication skill’s and experience of using computer based information systems in an office environment are also essential along with the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs)
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 23rd September 2019
For more information about the role please contact: Claire Rushton (Admin Officer)
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.