We are looking for a motivated Office Assistant to join our friendly, committed office team. You will run our busy school reception desk and play a key role in school administration. Salary commensurate with experience.
The role could involve all or some of the following;
- answering the telephone and dealing with queries
- maintaining databases, using SIMS, Parent Pay, Group Call email/text service
- monitoring of admin office emails
- recording pupil attendance and undertaking administrative duties relating to First Day absence calls and sending relevant letters to parents
- General pupil and parent letters as required
- Maintaining the school diary
- General photocopying, filing, distribution of post, and admin tasks
- Basic First Aid and the administration of medicines where appropriate (First Aid Training will be provided)
- Booking and overseeing the administrative tasks relating to school trips
The post is for between 27 and 37 hours per week, working Term Time Only 39 weeks
Fixed Term contract ending 31 August 2020
As the first point of contact for parents and visitors to the school, as well as pupils and staff, good communication skills and an approachable, professional manner are essential.
A sense of humour is essential, as is the ability to work efficiently in a busy environment with many interruptions.
You will need good Microsoft office skills and preferably experience in working in an office role and using Parent Pay/SIMS.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Whitnash Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please forward completed application forms to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: by 4:30pm on Tuesday 24th September 2019Supporting documents
Self Disclosure Form