Nursery Manager (Hednesford Nursery) West Hill Primary School
Required as soon as possible to work at our Hednesford Nursery, a Manager with knowledge and experience of EYFS and a minimum of Level 3 Early Years (or recognised equivalent qualification).
The Governors of the Hednesford Hills Federation are offering the opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Manager to join our Hednesford Nursery team. We are a very hardworking and committed team of professionals who work together to provide a welcoming, safe and “good” Nursery. We are looking for a Manager to join our team and keep moving the Nursery forward in its continuing development and to sustain high standards.
You will be expected to:
- Support pupil’s learning in the Nursery, including working with individuals, groups and whole classes using detailed knowledge, experience, specialist skills and training.
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Develop and implement pupil’s Individual Education/Behaviour/Support/ Mentoring plans and review progress.
- Organise and manage appropriate learning environment and resources; identifying needs and placing orders through the Nursery office for the latter.
- Plan and prepare teaching and learning objectives, adjusting activities/work plans as appropriate.
- Undertake complex planning of learning activities.
- Monitor and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities using a range of assessment and monitoring strategies against pre-determined learning objectives.
Within the Federation’s disciplinary policy, apply behaviour management strategies and techniques to manage behaviour constructively and contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in working with children 0 – 4 years-old.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Knowledge, skills and understanding of a range of strategies that will ensure the progress of the children.
- Relevant qualification (Level 3 Early Years or equivalent)
- Visits to the Nursery are encouraged and previous applicants are welcome to re-apply. Please contact the main school office to arrange an appointment.
West Hill Primary School
High Mount Street
Tel: 01543 227125
Executive Head Teacher: Kelly Bracebridge
If you require an application pack, please download the attached information.
"This federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment"
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk.