Extended School Support Assistant – Ladybirds Nursery (The Kidsgrove Primary School)
t: 01782 973970 www.uakidsgrove.org e: email@example.com
Extended School Support Assistant – Ladybirds Nursery
Salary: SET Grade 2, £17364 - £18065 - Full Time Equivalent (1 FTE)
Position: Fixed term -1 term initially expected end date 20/12/19 to be reviewed, 27.5 hrs/wk
Hours of work - Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
Pro Rata Salary: £10912 - £11352 pa (0.6284 FTE)
Required: Oct 2019
We are currently seeking to appoint an Extended School Support Assistant at Kidsgrove Primary Ladybird Nursery. This will be a part time, fixed term contract for one term initially, to be reviewed Oct / Nov. The successful applicant will work under the direct instruction of senior staff, providing general support to the extended school support staff in the care of children, and management of the extended school support setting. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful applicant who will have the responsibility for:
- Assisting in the day to day running of the facility ensuring high quality provision is in place.
- Assisting with weekly planning to ensure consistency with school links offering a wide and varied range of activities.
- Ensuring that the children are stimulated through play in a safe and friendly environment.
- Prepare room as directed for extended school support, clear afterwards and assist with and maintain displays of children’s’ work, notice boards, shelving systems etc.
- Undertake routine administrative tasks, e.g. children record keeping as requested.
- Support senior staff in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
- Appropriate liaison with parents on general matters.
- Support children to unerstand instructions in relation to curriculum subject.
- Prepare and maintain general equipment/resources as directed by senior staff.
We are a school where children are offered a unique and inspiring curriculum which enables each child to meet their full potential both now and in the future. Our inquiry-based curriculum promotes the highest standards of literacy and mathematics skills whilst allowing pupils to develop their curiosity and thirst for learning, a sense of personal health wellbeing and a creative approach to problem solving. We aim to inspire and enthuse every pupil through the challenge of learning.
At our school each pupil can feel that they belong to a caring and supportive community. We work closely with families and communities to ensure that all pupils can achieve their full potential.
The school is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including a DBS check.
If you would like to visit the school ahead of making an application, please enquire as detailed below and arrangements will be made for you to meet the Head of School, Miss Pope.
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th September 2019 12 noon
Interview: Tuesday 1st October 2019 TBC
Please forward completed application forms to
Mrs Heather Hancock: - Kidsgrove Primary School, Gloucester Road, Kidsgrove, Stoke on Trent,