37.0 Hours per Week
*** Are you looking for a Team Manager position within a Mental Health Team? ***
*** Are you an existing Team Manager ready for a fresh challenge ***
*** Are you a senior/practitioner ready for the next step into Management? ***
The Role: £47,536 - £53,610 + Relocation of up to £6,500
Solihull MBC are now looking for a Team Manager within the Adults Social Care – Mental Health Team. This is a key role within the Mental Health service and works closely with the Head of Service.
You will have responsibility for the Mental Health Team and have direct input to the development and performance of a balanced and stable team.
The team consists of a 20 staff with 5 direct reports. This includes admin, substance misuse and Assistant Team Managers.
Why this role:
- Solihull has a committed team and experienced Assistant Team Managers
- SMBC is a small Borough so the Team Manager role covers all aspects of Adult Care and Support Mental Health responsibilities
- There is still an opportunity to practice in a hands-on approach
- If you are forward thinking and wanting to innovate and improve practice across the service
- Opportunities to agile work, balanced with a drive to maintain good team relations
Solihull as a place:
- Strong partnership working with the CCG, Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation Trust, UHB Acute Trust
- Solihull often chosen by health partners to implement innovative practice because we are forward thinking and able to mobilise staff and resources effectively
- Actively and well supported by support services such as HR, workforce development, Finance and performance teams
- A friendly and dedicated workforce including supportive peers
Solihull as an employer:
- Strong history in career development for those that wish to progress
- A commitment to learning and development
- Ability to gain monetary reward for good performance through Performance Development Review Framework
- Actively promoted flexible working and agile working policies
- Commitment to supporting effective working using technology
- A drive to continually improve quality of services- focusing on more than just finance!
A Social Work Qualification and HCPC registered.
You must have significant experience within a Mental Health setting and have an AMHP qualification.
Substantial post-qualifying experience in Adult Social Work Services, Significant management experience within a pressurised environment, Demonstrable experience of delivering person centred working, Experience of managing positive risk taking and making decisions within safeguarding, Experience of performance management, Experience of chairing meetings.
How to apply:
For a confidential discussion please contact our retain search partners, Hampton’s Resourcing, Simon Ray on 01926 355 777/07870 620 587 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Adults.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job description and person specification