Hours per week: 36.5 - Banked hours
Contract Type: Permanent
City of Birmingham School, Minerva Centre, Thornthwaite Close, Birmingham, B45 0DS
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: 0121 303 0272
Job Start Date: 01/01/2020
The City of Birmingham School is Birmingham City Council’s Pupil Referral Unit. The School has 8 specialised teaching centres across the city offering personalised educational programme.
We have exciting opportunities to add to our administrative team!
The work completed by the administrative team here at COBS is fundamental to ensuring pupils have a positive experience and achieve and make progress that reflect their effort and abilities.
The main purpose of these positions is to ensure the effective administration of centres providing secretarial, administrative and financial support to the Head of Centre and other senior staff.
The skill and experience required for this position is; (not an exhaustive list)
• Good to high level administrative experience and excellent organisational skills
• Good standard of communication skills especially telephone and reception skills
• Previous administrative experience in a school environment is desirable, but not essential
• Initiative and self-motivation
• Good interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with outside agencies, parent/carers and members of the public with tact and diplomacy
• You will have a high attention to detail and be able to remain calm under pressure, often working to tight deadlines
Candidates must have excellent literacy and numeracy skills, be skilled in the use of ICT, in particular Word, Excel.
Successful candidates must have the ability to work without supervision and as part of a team.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 27/09/2019, 12:00 noon
Completed applications should be returned to: CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk or posted to Performance, Engagement & Commissioning Services, PO Box 14512, Birmingham, B2 2JH
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer