Customer Service Assistant x2
Do you want to work in a housing environment and deliver an excellent face to face customer service?
Are you a great team player and a confident communicator? If so we want to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for Customer Service Assistants to join our Locals; the Locals are our offices and we have one per town in Sandwell. Each Local is open from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday and when a customer walks in the first person they will see is the Customer Service Assistant.
Your objective will be to help the customer, ensuring that you are polite, knowledgeable and deliver the service right first-time whist resolving the enquiry. To enable you to deliver this objective you will need to be:
- Driven and committed to providing an excellent customer service
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Willing to learn and retain specialist knowledge
- Able to use your own initiative
- A good team player and respond well to supervision
As well as providing an excellent face to face customer service you will also be expected to:
- Provide back office administration support
- Deal with telephone enquiries
- Provide a specialist homeless triage service (training to be provided)
- Support our customers with digital transformation and self-service
- Make service enquires as requested by your supervisor and management team
- Make timely referrals to our internal and external partners
We are looking for people who have a proven track record of dealing with the public in a customer services role.
Literacy and Numeracy Level 1 as a minimum or equivalent.
You must demonstrate you are a good listener with clear communication skills who can remain calm and professional whilst displaying a caring an empathetic attitude, dealing with a diverse range of customers.
The ability to record accurate details and use our IT systems is essential.
Does this sound like you? Then we'd very much like to receive an application from you.
Sandwell MBC values our workforce and in return for your hard work, here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive salary & pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Continuous training and development
- Employee Benefits and health initiatives
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
Permanent - 37 hours per week x2
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.Supporting documents
Information for Applicants