Exam Invigilator (Multiple Posts)
- The person appointed will be expected:
- To undertake, after consultation, such duties commensurate with the grade of post as may be determined by the Principal, in the light of the changing priorities of the Academy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assisting the Examinations Officer to ensure the smooth and consistent conduct of external examinations according to regulations laid down by the Joint Council for Qualifications. This will
- include the following:
- setting up the examination room
- retrieval of unauthorised materials, such as mobile phones, from candidates
- distribution of exam papers and other authorised exam materials
- supervising candidates in a quiet and unobtrusive manner
- responding to candidates’ queries in accordance with exam regulations
- supervising any candidates who may need to leave the exam room in accordance with the regulations
- supervising ‘clash’ candidates between exams
- distributing additional paper/equipment as required
- collection of scripts in designated order
- ensuring exam conditions are maintained until candidates have been dismissed from room
- ensuring that scripts are never left unattended
- report to the Examinations Officer any incident occurring during the exam which is against the regulations or causes concern
- Assisting the Examinations Officer and other staff to ensure smooth running of school internal exams and mocks. These are conducted using the JCQ regulations as guidelines and duties will be as listed above
- Such other tasks as may from time to time be legitimately delegated by the Principal, Examinations
- Officer or Personnel Officer.
Changing circumstances may require that the job description be reviewed from time to time in consultation with the Principal.
The person appointed will be expected to adopt a flexible working approach that allows for the most effective use of time and expertise and to be responsible to the Principal or Examinations Officer at the discretion of the Principal.
- Good communication skills
- Experience of Exam Invigilation work would be beneficial
- Experience of working within a school would be beneficial
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO LGREEN@OSWBA.CO.UK - CVS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS POST.
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised date if a large number of applications are received.