MPR1-UPR3+1SEN (£24, 373- £40, 490)+(£2,209)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
City of Birmingham School, Minerva Centre, Thornthwaite Close, Birmingham, B45 0DS
Telephone Number: 0121 303 0272 - Email Address: Enquiry@Cobschool.Com
Job Start Date: Spring Term 2020
Secondary • 4 posts across our 5 sites
We would welcome applicants from all types of specialisms, in particular Humanities, Computing, STEM subjects and Art. The ability to teach more than one subject may be beneficial.
Primary • 2.4 posts across our 3 sites
The City of Birmingham School is seeking ambitious, inspirational and enthusiastic teachers who are able to consistently demonstrate excellent classroom practice and contribute to improving outcomes for pupils.
This is an exciting time to join our journey of improvement and play a key part in transforming the lives of our young people. Despite their vastly different educational experiences, we passionately believe that our pupils have the potential to access and achieve the same standard of national qualifications as their peers in mainstream schools.
The successful candidates will be expected to take up the appointment at the beginning of the Spring Term 2020. Situated in centres across the city, our specialised teams of teachers and support staff work together to support pupils with complex social, emotional needs and challenging behaviours. As the Pupil Referral Unit for Birmingham LA we provide for those pupils who have been, or are at risk of, permanent exclusion, Children in Care and those experiencing emotionally based school refusal. Additionally our Outreach Team offers a traded service to local schools.
The size of our setting allows for a vibrant CPD programme and opportunities for rapid career progression. We have an approachable and supportive Leadership Team who encourage staff and actively promote work life balance.
We can offer you:
• A forward thinking school, striving for continual improvement and innovation
• A welcoming and friendly school with a positive ethos
• A place to build positive relationships to support and care for children and help meet their needs
• A supportive, enthusiastic, dedicated and highly motivated staff and governors
• Opportunities to be part of delivering an exciting curriculum
• The opportunity for continuing professional development
We welcome your application for one of these exciting teaching opportunities if you are;
• An excellent practitioner
• Passionate about pupil progress
• Forward thinking
• Determined to make a difference
Candidates are invited to contact the school to arrange informal visits on 0121 303 0272
Information about the school is available on our Website www.cityofbirminghamschool.com
• Ability to support the local authority agenda relating to safeguarding
• Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships with children and young people
• Emotional resilience and attitude towards use of authority and maintaining discipline
• An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
• Issues identified in references will be taken up at interview
Closing Date: 30/09/2019, 12.00 noon
Interviews: w/c 14/10/19
Application packs are available from firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: ES2102 or can be downloaded here. Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com or posted to Performance, Engagement & Commissioning Services, PO Box 14512, Birmingham, B2 2JH.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.