Level 2 Teaching Assistant - Ref: TV27319
Short Heath Federation (Lane Head Nursery, Rosedale C of E Infant School and Short Heath Junior School)
LEVEL 2 Teaching Assistant, term time only (30 hours a week)
Grade G4 £19,171 - £21,166 pro-rata to hours worked
Actual salary from £13,100 per annum £9.94 per hour
Our Federation offers a unique opportunity for the very best teaching assistants to work in a single phase school, as well as the chance to work alongside colleagues from other phases, in order to enhance your professional development.
Opportunities exist in our Federation schools for Level 2 Teaching Assistants who will inspire our children, ensuring they make good progress and enjoy learning. Your specialism may be in Early Years, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2.
If you are an energetic, enthusiastic and outstanding TA, we want you!
We can offer full or part time opportunities, to start as soon as possible.
For this role, we are ideally interested in finding a Teaching Assistant with experience of, or training in, the Principles of Nurture as advocated by Nurture Group UK. You will have a working knowledge of Attachment and Trauma in children and how adverse childhood experiences can affect some children’s ability to reach their true potential. If this isn’t you yet, we can provide relevant experience and training.
Applications are invited from candidates who:
- Enjoy motivating and exciting children about learning
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Are able to use their own initiative
- Are skilled at using teacher’s planning to deliver in class support, individual and small group intervention
- Have GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Are able to support children to be independent learners
- Are keen to develop themselves and others
- Are imaginative, energetic, enthusiastic and hardworking
- Nurture and encourage children to fulfil their potential
We can offer
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, happy children and families!
- A strong dedicated team, who are committed to maintaining high standards whilst still having fun!
- A structured programme of CPD, working closely with colleagues in our federated schools
We can only accept applications completed on a Walsall Council application form. If you can see yourself being part of our team, you can download an application pack from our website - www.shortheathfederation.org.uk. We would love you to come and see what life is like here –telephone the school office on 01902 368499 or 01902 368910 to book a tour.
Short Heath Federation is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, keeping children safe in education and promoting British Values in school and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure check and a completed Disqualification by Association form, along with relevant pre-employment checks, including two suitable professional references.
Closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on 7th October 2019
Interviews will be held on 11th October 2019
Guidance for applicants