Support Services Administrator ( Finance & HR)
About the organisation
Murray Hall Community Trust (MHCT) is a voluntary organisation and registered charity. We were established in 1994, and are one of the leading health and wellbeing charities in the Black Country and Birmingham and specifically Sandwell.
Job Title: Support Services Administrator (Finance & HR)
25 hours per week to be worked flexibly throughout the week
Contract Period: Initially up to 31st March 2020 (subject to continuation of funding)
Salary: Scale 3 Point 14 £10,837per annum (FTE £16,040)
What’s the purpose of the role?
Develop understanding and vision of the organisation and use these insights to tailor strategy and solutions to meet the organisational current and future objectives. Act as a role model, supporting, developing: maximising the contribution the Support Service Team makes throughout the organisation.
What’s in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary offered you will receive additional benefits:
- 28 Days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday (pro rata for part time employees)
- Auto-enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme
Murray Hall Community Trust is an equal opportunities employer and will provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process and invite potential applicants to contact us to identify any additional support they may require to enable them to make an application.
- To provide a comprehensive administrative service across the support services department mainly focusing on Finance and HR support.
- To provide support to other team members and services when required.
- To provide reception cover when necessary.
Finance Specific Duties
- To use a custom centred approach to provide a comprehensive administrative support service to internal projects, staff members, external stakeholders and service users.
- To be the first point of contact for finance queries within the organisation, progressing relevant matters to the Finance Officer or Operational and Finance executive as appropriate. Administration of all daily financial tasks to ensure that all processing is up to date in line with set deadlines. To assist in entering income and expenditure transactions onto finance systems and generated relevant documentation i.e. sales invoices/credits and customer/supplier statements etc. To reconcile all petty cash floats, entering onto the system and creating re-imbursements for the services using the imprest system. The handling and counting of all cash income, recording and banking appropriately in adherence with the policies in place. To assist in chasing debtors and over-due payments on a weekly/fortnightly basis and ensure effective credit control procedures are maintained. To assist with monthly bank and credit card reconciliations. To assist with monthly VAT reviews. To assist in preparing the monthly payroll submission to external payroll providers. Maintaining and updating fixed asset/inventory registers. To assist in preparing all the external funding financial monitoring reports to tight deadlines. To maintain an active record of self-employed contractors and volunteers’ insurance certificates and service level agreements, ensuring they are kept up to date and reminders are actioned where appropriate. To maintain all internal financial records – both electronic and manual filing systems ensuring a continual audit trail at all times and compliant with current retention periods, legislation and regulations. Dealing with telephone calls in relation to invoice /payment queries. To undertake any other duties commensurate with grade as delegated by the Finance Officer.
HR Specific Duties
- To undertake the administration and processes necessary to ensure a proactive, customer focused, high quality and effective HR service.
- To assist HR and line managers on recruitment cycle process end-to-end. To assist in preparing and collating payroll information. To assist in updating and maintaining the HR database and the collection of HR related data. Ensuring all paperwork and data is accurate and effectively stored and compliant with current retention periods, legislation and regulations. To be active in supporting the development and maintenance of a culture that promotes equality and values, diversity through implementation of appropriate systems and communication with staff. To deal with telephone enquiries from stakeholders and provide basic supervised advice. To undertake any other duties expected of the role as delegated by Service Manager.
This role profile is not exhaustive and is subject to review in conjunction with the post holder and according to future changes/developments in the service.
Some of our roles will be subject to a basic or enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply
Attached is the Job Description and Person Specification along with an application form which needs to be completed and emailed to HR@murrayhall.co.uk or posted to: HR Recruitment, Murray Hall Community Trust, The Bridge, St Marks Road, Tipton, West Midlands DY4 0SL. All applications must be submitted before the closing date stated below.
The closing date: Friday 4 October 2019 - Midnight
Start Date: immediate
Interview arrangements: TBC
For an informal discussion please contact Debbie Robinson on 01902 826 513