LSA (Teaching Assistant) Level 2 - Shireland Hall Primary Academy
To start as soon as possible.
Shireland Hall Primary Academy wish to appoint two Learning Support Assistants (Teaching Assistant - Level 2) to join our friendly, motivated team. The successful candidates will have excellent social skills and be able to work as part of a team.
• To support individuals/groups of pupils under the direction of the class teacher.
• To assist pupils with dress/changing for activities/personal hygiene.
• The care and welfare of pupils to include toileting and feeding as required.
• To have contact and links with those with parental responsibility during the working day, as part of the normal consultative and educational process.
• To liaise with teachers and other staff to obtain, exchange and record information on pupils in accordance with school policy.
• To undertake duties during mid-morning and lunch breaks.
Qualifications: a relevant Level 2 qualification or equivalent and have experience working in a school environment. In addition, experience of supporting pupils with autism and/or speech, language and communication needs is essential.
The Federation of George Betts and Shireland Hall Primary Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and behave in a way which reflects this. Appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks including a Barred List check, Disclosure and Barring Service check and references.
Application packs are available directly from this site or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms should be returned to Sam Barnard, HR and Payroll Administrator at the address below or via email no later than 5pm on Thursday 17th October 2019.
32.5 hours per week, term-time only plus training days (39 weeks per year)
Band B SCP 2 (pro rata)
Montague Road, Smethwick B66 4PW
Thursday 17th October 2019 at 5pmSupporting documents
Job Description & Personnel Specification
Safer Recruitment Procedure