Level 3 Teaching Assistant - Ref: TV27719
St Giles’ C.E. Primary School
- Tel: 01902 368308
- Fax: 01902 368308
- Email: email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Level 3 Teaching Assistant
- GRADE G5: £20,344 - £23,836 (Pro Rata)
- 25 hours per week- Term Time Only
- Fixed Term Contract until July 2020 to be reviewed in the Summer Term
Start Date: From 4.11.19
The Governors at St Giles’ wish to appoint a qualified Level 3 Teaching Assistant on a permanent contract for 25 hours a week term time only.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and hard-working person; the successful candidate must have a high level of Maths and English.
You will be joining an extremely hard working, caring, highly-motivated and dedicated team with a passion for education. St Giles’ is a happy, friendly and supportive school that is committed to making a difference to the lives of children and help shape their future.
- To work under guidance of teaching/senior staff and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom. This could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas and will involve assisting the teacher in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources.
- Staff may also supervise whole classes occasionally during the short absence of the teacher. The primary focus will be to maintain good order and to keep pupils on task. Cover supervisors will need to respond to questions and generally assist pupils to undertake set activities
- To support individual children to ensure that their academic, social and emotional needs are met.
- Draw up and implement an action plan for each child. To monitor and report on the implementation of all plans drawn up to remove barriers to learning for individual pupils.
- To develop a 1:1 mentoring relationship with in achieving the goals defined in their individual learning plans, contributing to those plans as appropriate.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. The position is subject to enhanced disclosure checks.
Application forms and further details are available from St Giles CE Primary School:
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school on 01902 368308
Last date for receipt of completed applications: 12 noon on Friday 4th October 2019