Temporary Teacher of Music - Painsley Catholic College
Temporary Teacher of Music
We are delighted to advertise an excellent opportunity in our highly successful College, from 1st January 2020 for an enthusiastic, well-qualified Teacher of Music to cover maternity leave. Music has a high profile within our College with a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
We have outstanding pupils – it is a pleasure to teach here! Are you looking for a new challenge in an innovative and supportive College where teaching and learning are an absolute joy?
About the role:
- This is a temporary, full-time post to cover maternity leave
- The opportunity to teach the age range Year 7 – 12 in an outstanding department and facilitate a range of music opportunities available, which will involve extra-curricular activities
- All staff will be fully supported with a professional development programme
- Applications are invited from experienced teachers
- Applications from all faiths, and none, are equally welcome
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 23rd October 2019
Closing date: noon Wednesday 16th October 2019
- Painsley is a thriving and over-subscribed 11-18 Catholic College with 1320 students on roll
- We have outstanding 2018 GCSE results - 91% of students achieved the new standard pass in English and 86% in Maths. Painsley is ranked in the top 56 performing schools in the country.
- Progress 8 well above average +0.52 (2018/19)
- We are a Specialist Science, Maths & Computing College, a Teaching School and Maths Hub
- We are very close to the market town of Cheadle in a semi-rural location
- We are a Christian community with a caring, secure and disciplined environment
The position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions. Further details regarding this check are available by visiting www.gov.uk/dbs. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The College supports a Safer Recruitment policy.