Social Worker - Children in Care
Do you want to join a dynamic, innovative and passionate team supporting the Looked After Children and families within Sandwell?
Are you committed to meeting the needs of children and young people and supporting them to achieve to their individual potential?
Do you want to promote positive outcomes for our children and young people?
If you interested in joining a team committed to the improvement journey within Sandwell Children’s Trust and being part of this new and vibrant service to improve the lives and opportunities of our most vulnerable children and young people then apply today.
Have you completed your ASYE programme within a similar setting?
We are looking for qualified Social Workers who are passionate about changing the lives of Looked After Children and Young People in Sandwell to join our Children in Care Service. You will utilise your developing skills and knowledge to inform Care Planning in order to promote change and positive outcomes for our young people.
We believe investing in our staff ensures that you are able to effect change and safeguard the most vulnerable children and young people in our service. As a member of our team you will be given opportunities for career progression and a comprehensive training package, newly refurbished accommodation, regular and reflective supervision, up to date IT and technology to support you in the role of Social Worker in addition to agile working and other staff benefits.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary £29,636 - £33,799 depending on experience
- Up to £6,500 relocation payment (subject to terms & conditions)
- 30 Days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Sandwell Children’s Trust will make a commitment to your continuous learning and development and dedicate 15 days per year to your professional development and also offer learning placements of up to 6 months to expand your knowledge.
- You will have access to a range of wellbeing offers and initiatives and every staff member will be provided with brand new ICT equipment and state of the art systems.
Social Worker Responsibilities:
As a valued Social Worker, you’ll assess the vulnerability of Sandwell’s children, providing a service that will significantly improve their quality of life.
You’ll ensure the best outcome possible for our children, young people and their families, through safeguarding and promoting their welfare.
You will provide written reports in a variety of different formats including assessments and updating court records.
Most importantly you will empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views and ensuring their voice is heard.
The ideal Social Worker:
You must be social work qualified and have completed your ASYE programme in a children's and families setting.
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to make informed decisions with information you have gathered.
- A skilled listener, you will demonstrate how you have understood and ensured a child's voice is heard.
- You will need to be self-motivated, organised with effective communication skills both written and verbally.
- An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with the HCPC.
About Sandwell Children’s Trust:
At Sandwell Children’s Trust, we put the child at the heart of everything we do.
Praised by Ofsted for our ‘ambitious improvement plan’ and our ‘renewed energy and determination to improve services for children and families’, at Sandwell Children’s Trust we are well on the way to becoming the region’s employer of choice.
In the Trust we are transforming the way we do things and we want to strengthen our teams to enable us to provide intervention and preventative solutions for the families we work with. We have the freedom to make quick decisions that matter the most, resulting in the best possible outcomes.
We believe in providing the best possible work environment and opportunities for our staff, where together with an inspirational leadership team we strive to serve our purpose of improving the lives of children and young people.
If you are looking for your next challenge as our Social Worker, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!Supporting documents