Multi Sports Coach (Casual)
7 days left
The Health & Wellbeing team at Lichfield District Council actively promote a healthy lifestyle through affordable community sessions and events for all ages throughout the year. We have an opening for a casual Multi Sports Coach to join our team.
Multi Sports Coaches are responsible for planning and delivering sessions for our Getin2it programme, combining different sports and activities for 7-25 year olds. You will be responsible for coaching and looking after a group of up to 20 children (ratios vary depending on child ages), delivering high-energy, fun and inclusive sessions that ensure every child is engaged. Activities can include anything from coaching football, tennis and dodgeball, through to leading team-building games. Each session is typically between 1-2 hours long and run early evenings.
We are looking for high-energy individuals who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A passion for working with children and young people;
- Previous experience of working with 7-25 year olds;
- Previous experience of coaching a sport, leading games or delivering activities;
- Willingness to liaise with parents/carers, delivering high-quality customer service;
- Possess leadership skills together with excellent and confident communication skills;
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with other coaches.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends;
- Hold a Level 2 in Sports coaching with a recognised NGB and a First Aid at Work certificate;
- Full driving licence and use of a car;
- Enhanced DBS will be required.
Applicants with Level 1 qualifications will be considered if currently or willing to work towards Level 2.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 01543 308835.Supporting documents
Casual Multi Sports Coach - Job Description & Person Specification