ICT Senior Infrastructure Specialist (Workstation) - Ref: RT72619
ICT Senior Infrastructure Specialist (Workstation)
£32,552-£37,475 per annum
We are looking for a motivated, forward-thinking person to work in the third-line Workstation team.
About the team:
We’re a friendly and inclusive third-line team working closely with other specialist teams within Technical Services. Our job role covers the following areas:
- Office365 workload migration, management and tech support – including but not necessarily limited to Sharepoint, Teams and OneDrive.
- Windows 10 enterprise management – using SCCM, Intune and related tools to securely manage a large estate of tablets and desktops across the borough, moving towards modern management technologies.
- Mobile device management – using Intune to securely manage access for corporate and personal mobile devices to Office365 and other corporate resources
- Desktop printer management – using secure print solutions to manage availability and access to our suite of corporate MFDs
The successful candidate will have or be able to quickly develop skills in the following sorts of areas
- Development of our SCCM (Modern Endpoint Management) suite to improve desktop management and security;
- Using and developing Intune to manage and support the mobile estate
- Migrating to and support of Office365 workloads
- A keen interest in developing technologies
Additionally, skills in using Powershell scripts to manage desktops, applications and cloud services would be highly desirable.
About the benefits:
We’re starting to enhance our ability to manage our Windows 10 estate using modern cloud technology, and are taking on more responsibility for certain Office365 workloads – it’s a good time to get on board to help shape our future!
Access to professional on-line training will be available to further your knowledge and potential.
We encourage our staff to study for and succeed at professional qualifications.
Closing Date: 25 November 2019
For this role the successful candidates must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).Supporting documents
Important - Information for Applicants
Job Description & Employee Specification