School Staff Instructor (SSI) / Cover Supervisor
The Streetly Academy, Queslett Road East
SUTTON COLDFIELD, B74 2EX
Tel: 0121-353 2709
Fax: 0121-353 0212
SCHOOL STAFF INSTRUCTOR (SSI) / COVER SUPERVISOR
Date posted: Friday 8 November 2019
Closing date: Thursday 21 November 2019
Start Date: January 2020
Salary: NJC 15 Fixed
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Type: term Time plus 15 days – 32.5 hours per week. Actual pay £18,454 pa
- SSI will be able to claim for up to 51 days paid training days from the MOD.
- As a CFAV will be able to claim up to 21 paid training days from the MOD
Do you want to make a difference to the next generation? Then this could be the unique opportunity you are looking for.
The Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sport specialism, and make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE and Sport. This links closely to our PRIDE values, which are based on the Olympic and Para Olympics values.
We can offer you;
- A considerate employer with regard for your well-being and family priorities
- A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- Opportunity for professional development and to both engage in and deliver training to others
- Every member of staff and student is equipped with a Chromebook device to aid innovative teaching and reduce workload
- Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in their appearance
- A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
- Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and padel tennis courts.
We are looking for an individual who can;
- Manage all aspects of the school Royal Navy Cadet Force
- Ensure administration of the unit is complete and up to date
- Continue the development of the CCF Royal Navy section by implementing and developing training opportunities for cadets and CFAVs.
- Continue to establish working productive relationships with key external agencies and communities associated with the CCF
- Ensure the shared values, standards and ethos of the Royal Navy and The Streetly Academy are installed into the cadets.
- Organisation of whole school events such as Remembrance Day and Life Curriculum Days.
- Demonstrate strong organisational and communication skills, be flexible, highly organised with a professional attitude and enjoy working within a busy school community.
- Have a Military and/or Cadet background.
- As cover supervisor – to take responsibility for the supervision of classes during short term absence of teachers. The successful candidate must be prepared to cover all subjects, including Maths and PE
- The individual to have a good working knowledge of ICT
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and work planning skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills, plus the ability to relate well to a wide range of people
- Relevant experience is desirable but not essential as appropriate support and training will be provided.
We welcome a visit at any time, so please make the time to come in and see our school at work.
Full details of this vacancy and relevant application forms are available via our website at: www.thestreetlyacademy.co.uk Last date for receipt of completed applications: midnight on Thursday 21st November 2019. Interviews to be held week commencing 2nd December 2019.
The Streetly Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are each subject to an Enhanced DBS check and prohibition from teaching check.