Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service has its own Community Risk Team which supports its work in ensuring that Herefordshire and Worcestershire are safe places in which to live, work and travel.
The role of the Community Volunteer is to enhance and complement the work of our operational staff and Community Risk Team in meeting the needs of our local communities, helping to reduce the risk to those deemed most at risk from accidental dwelling fires and other hazards.
- Needs to be 18 years old or over
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
Experience and Knowledge:
- Excellent time keeping and organisational skills
- The ability to complete a small amount of written work including the completion of forms
- A basic level of computer literacy
- It is desirable, however not essential, that Volunteers have a full clean UK driving license and the use of a vehicle on a regular basis
Every day we're helping to save lives and keep the community safe - and not only by fighting fires. Behind the scenes at Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, there are lots of other roles that people don't see, helping to provide vital functions to keep us an efficient and effective Fire and Rescue Service.
Reasons to Join Us
- Help keep your community safe by delivering key safety messages
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Gain confidence and widen your skills
- Enhance your CV
- Become part of a proactive team reducing the risk of those most at risk
Successful applicants will be subject to a basic DBS Check. For any further queries regarding the volunteering role, please email email@example.com