Make a Difference, Foster for Warwickshire.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a real difference to a child’s life?
We are currently recruiting for foster carers who are interested in caring for:
- Children aged over eight on a long term basis
- Brothers and sisters
- Children and young people from Black and Asian backgrounds
- A child with a disability on a short break.
- A parent and their child
The type of fostering you could provide depends on you, your lifestyle and the needs of your own family.
As a Warwickshire County Council Foster Carer, you would care for a child / children or young person in your own home creating a stable positive home environment.
Foster Carers undertake the ‘usual’ parenting and care appropriate to each child or young person such as taking them to school, supporting contact with family members, visiting friends as well as attending a number of meetings and advocating for the child where needed. Foster carers need to work alongside the child’s social worker and other professionals to assess and support the child’s needs and to plan for their long-term future. A key role of a foster carer is to provide stability and consistency to help the child or young person develop and reach their potential.
Fostering for Warwickshire means that you are our first choice when we are looking for foster placements for local young people. We always look to place young people with our own foster carers before looking elsewhere. If you are already a foster carer we would welcome the opportunity to chat with you about transferring to us.
We are keen to hear from people who already have experience as a foster carer, whether that’s from fostering for a local authority or an independent foster agency.
As a foster carer for Warwickshire you would receive the following support:
- support from a dedicated fostering social worker, social care worker and psychologist
- access to monthly support groups
- a bespoke training package
- access to 24 hour support
- the option to earn additional skill level payments (skills level 1 is £132.09 and skills level 2 is £217.56 per week) depending on the type of fostering you choose
For further information visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/fostering
If you would like to talk to someone, please contact using the contact details below.
- Telephone 0800 408 1556
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or follow the link to the enquiry form on our web page at gov.uk/fostering