Starbank School, Bierton Road, Small Heath, B10 0LR
Salary - £18,065 - £19,945 (pro rata)
12.50 hours per week - 11.45am -14.45pm
Cityserve is the Birmingham City Council multi- award-winning catering service for school meals providing fresh and nutritious food for school kitchen across the UK, healthy eating is a continuous theme throughout all our menus, and we are committed to the wellbeing of pupils. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a busy environment, delivers excellent customer service and is able motivate and support team members.
As a General Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and cooking meals for pupils
- Planning and controlling all aspects of the service
- Assist keeping the kitchen clean & tidy
- Costing, stocktaking and keeping appropriate records
- To maintain a balanced diet and varied menus.
- To be aware of the care users’ needs and dietary preferences
You will work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to ensure the first-class delivery of food in schools’ kitchens both in and outside of performance times.
- Good people skills
- Passion about food and customer service
- Great team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a similar environment
- Food Safety Level 2 or working towards
- High standards and quality driven
- A ‘can do’ attitude
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 circumstances, interview dates are still to be arranged.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
For informal enquiries regarding this role, please contact: Elizabeth Heaven cityserverecruitment@Birmingham.gov.uk
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non-UK and non-EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.
Job Description & Person Specification