Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic
This is an exciting opportunity for a HGV mechanic wanting to work as part of a small dedicated team providing maintenance and repairs to a diverse range of vehicles, plant and equipment in accordance with the requirements of the Operating Licence of the council.
Hours: 37 hours per week (Week 1 5.30am to -13.18pm / Week 2 10.30am to 18.18pm)
Salary: Grade 8 plus 10% shift allowance PLUS
- Standby gritting maintenance cover payments
- Standby gritting driving duties
- Annual leave 29 to 33 days per annum (depending on length of local government service)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
The applicant will be able to demonstrate the right behaviours and values to work as part of a team and be customer focused and committed to providing a quality service.
A good understanding of MOT regulations would be advantageous as well as Health and Safety procedures.
- Inspect, service and repair vehicles, equipment using appropriate tools, equipment and facilities in a safe and proper manner
- Conducting fault diagnostic checks on vehicles, plant and equipment
- Preparing and taking vehicles for MOT testing
- To participate in a vehicle breakdown service
- To participate in winter maintenance operations
Interested candidates should possess:
- City and Guilds Qualification in the repair and maintenance of Heavy Goods Vehicles or equivalent NVQ at Level 3
- LGV Category C Licence (or willing to be trained and pass within 6 months of employment)
For an informal discussion, please contact Paul Massey on 01384 814540.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised date if a large number of applications are received.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/