Team Managers - Fostering Service
Do you have a clear vision of how you can improve the lives of children and young people?
Are you an inspirational leader who listens, acts, connects and cares?
Yes? Then you may be just the fit we are looking for;
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting for Team Managers for the Fostering Service, Mainstream & Connected Persons. We are looking for exceptional candidates who are passionate, committed and dedicated to improving the lives of children & young people.
Salary range: £46,564 - £49,538 dependent on experience plus the possibility of up to £6,500 relocation package.
Since the Trust’s inception in April 2018 our fabulous teams have won awards for Community Cohesion (The Teamwork Programme) and Youth Justice of the Year Award at the UK wide 2019 Shine a Light Awards (Sandwell Youth Offending Service). Our Staff Award events highlight the amazing work delivered by our dedicated individuals and teams and gives us a chance to show our appreciation to all who are on this improvement journey with us.
The Trust has recently secured funding from the Department of Education which will enable us to bring our ’12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’ to life, particularly around learning & development in offering development opportunities for all staff. Please visit our 12 reasons via this hyperlink: https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
As a new Trust we are agile, we understand where we are in our journey, our recent Ofsted monitoring visits reported;
- Sandwell Children’s Trust knows itself well.
- Management oversight has improved
- The workforce is increasingly stable; continued to attract and retain staff.
- Recruited additional agency staff above its established workforce, recognising the need to reduce caseloads
- The social workers talked to all spoke positively about working for Sandwell Children’s Trust.
- Progress has been made in ensuring that the first response to families and children in need is timely
What can Sandwell offer?
At the heart of England with excellent transport links, Sandwell offers a wealth of amenities to enhance your work life balance. With house prices lower than the national average and an ever-developing infrastructure, living in Sandwell is an attractive prospect for many.
Not only this but with an abundance of history, culture, arts, shopping and sporting venues to enjoy PLUS the development of venues for the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022, Sandwell really is an exciting place to be right now.
As a Team Manager you will:-
- Supervise, mentor, collaborate and advise ensuring that the highest level of professional service is provided and that you support individuals of varying experience to be the best Social Worker they can be.
- Inspire our social workers and be able to encourage team working.
- Have a proven track record of managing within a Fostering service although we will consider applicants with relevant management experience within children’s services.
- A Qualified Social Worker with significant experience in Children’s Social Care, particularly Fostering or Adoption
- Be able to demonstrate experience of managing a team in a social care environment
- An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to encourage team working.
- You will require knowledge of the latest policy and guidance around children’s social care and safeguarding
- A strong understanding of financial and resource management.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, a head for complexity, and know how to improve services.
How to apply.
Interested, or have any questions? For an informal discussion contact our Recruitment team on 0121 569 6367
To apply please click on the apply button.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 31st August 2020
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.Supporting documents