Social Workers - Children in Care & Care Leavers
Job title: Social Workers – Children in Care & Care Leavers
Do you have a clear vision of how you can improve the lives of children and young people?
Are you an inspirational social worker that truly knows the children for whom you are responsible; one who listens, acts, connects and cares?
Yes? Then you may be just the fit we are looking for;
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting for Social Workers for Children in Care & Care Leavers, we are looking for exceptional candidates who are passionate, committed and dedicated to improving the lives of children & young people.
Salary range: £29,636 - £39,782 dependent on experience plus the possibility of up to £6,500 relocation package.
Since the Trust’s inception in April 2018 our fabulous teams have won awards for Community Cohesion (The Teamwork Programme) and Youth Justice of the Year Award at the UK wide 2019 Shine a Light Awards (Sandwell Youth Offending Service). Our Staff Award events highlight the amazing work delivered by our dedicated individuals and teams and gives us a chance to show our appreciation to all who are on this improvement journey with us.
The Trust has recently secured funding from the Department of Education which will enable us to bring our ’12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’ to life, particularly around learning & development in offering development opportunities for all staff. Please visit our 12 reasons via this hyperlink: https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
As a new Trust we are agile, we understand where we are in our journey, our recent Ofsted monitoring visits reported;
- Sandwell Children’s Trust knows itself well.
- Management oversight has improved
- The workforce is increasingly stable; continued to attract and retain staff.
- Recruited additional agency staff above its established workforce, recognising the need to reduce caseloads
- The social workers talked to all spoke positively about working for Sandwell Children’s Trust.
- Progress has been made in ensuring that the first response to families and children in need is timely
What can Sandwell offer?
At the heart of England with excellent transport links, Sandwell offers a wealth of amenities to enhance your work life balance. With house prices lower than the national average and an ever-developing infrastructure, living in Sandwell is an attractive prospect for many.
Not only this but with an abundance of history, culture, arts, shopping and sporting venues to enjoy PLUS the development of venues for the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022, Sandwell really is an exciting place to be right now.
As a Social Worker working in Children in Care & Care Leavers you will:-.
- Assess the vulnerability of Sandwell’s children, providing a service that will significantly improve their quality of life.
- Utilise your developing skills and knowledge to inform Care Planning in order to promote change and positive outcomes for our young people
- Most importantly you will empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views and ensuring their voice is heard.
- You will be passionate about supporting and advocating for young people to ensure they reach their goals and have the best possible futures.
- You must be social work qualified, registered with Social Work England and have completed your ASYE programme in a children and families setting.
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to make informed decisions with information you have gathered, that has a positive impact on the child’s journey.
- A skilled listener, you will demonstrate how you have understood and ensured a child's voice is heard.
- You will need to be self-motivated, organised with effective communication skills both written and verbally.
- Be a clear decision maker and good team worker
- Have an ability to assess risk and the knowledge of the relevant procedures to manage and reduce risk.
- You will need to demonstrate that you have experience of working with children in care, which could have been gained through working in other teams.
- Have knowledge of the relevant legislation and procedures that relate to looked after children and young people.
How to apply.
Interested, or have any questions? For an informal discussion contact our Recruitment team on 0121 569 6367 or by emailing email@example.com
Please click on the apply button to complete an application form.
Closing date for applications: 31st August 2020Supporting documents
F Band Job description
G Band Job description
F Band Person specification
G Band Person specification