Teaching Assistant 1-1 Support
1 day left
Start Date: Monday 5th October or as soon after as possible
30 hours per week, term time only plus TED days
The Governors and staff of our small, popular village church school are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified Teaching Assistant to work as a 1:1 support for a child with complex needs and a diagnosis of cerebral palsy currently in our EYFS class. The role will be full time term time only: 30 hours (8.45am – 3.15pm) (30 minute lunch break, 30 minute lunch duty)
The successful candidate will:
● Have experience of supporting children within the EYFS/primary age range/school setting
● Have experience/interest in working with children with specific and/or complex needs
● Have high expectations for our children’s progress and overall achievement
● Take an imaginative and creative approach to curriculum learning that captures the children’s interest
● Be flexible, forward thinking, innovative and highly energetic
● Has an understanding of how children learn, including social/emotional development.
● Have a passion for quality teaching and learning, enabling the best outcomes for our children.
● Be able to work well as part of our whole school team and school community
● Support our Christian ethos as a church school
We can offer you:
● Small class sizes in a beautiful setting
● The opportunity to work alongside a dedicated, friendly and committed team of staff
● Children who are enthusiastic and eager to learn
● A supportive school community of staff, parents and Governors
● A commitment to your professional development
Our school is a committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to and enhanced DBS check.
Please contact the school office for an application pack firstname.lastname@example.org or 01299 832393
Visits are warmly welcomed and recommended: please contact Mrs Rebecca Bayley in the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time with Ms Jolanda Simmonds.
The closing date for applications is Monday 21st September 2020
Interviews will take place on Thursday 24th September 2020