Teacher - Deputy Inclusion Manager responsible for Behaviour & SEMH
7 days left
Glebefields Primary School, Sandgate Road, Tipton DY4 OSX
Deputy Inclusion Manager with responsibility for Behaviour (TLR2b) and class teacher responsibilities.
Permanent contract: MPS/ UPS with TLR2b
Required to start September 2020 or as soon as possible upon satisfactory clearances
Suitable for experienced teachers.
There is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher to take on a new challenge at Glebefields Primary School.
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective, committed and motivated teacher to work in partnership with the Inclusion Manager, Headteacher and staff to ensure that Glebefields Primary School is fully inclusive and meets the needs of all pupils. The successful applicant will work alongside the Inclusion Manager and take a specific lead on Behaviour and SEMH.
The successful candidate will support the Inclusion Manager in:
- Encouraging staff to promote high expectations for all children;
- Enabling all children to reach their targets and have high aspirations;
- Developing partnerships working with parents and outside agencies;
- Monitoring the progress of SEND as part of the school improvement plan;
- Reviewing and updating relevant policies;
- Monitoring the progress of individuals and groups of learners;
- Working with SLT to ensure the inclusion of all children across the school;
- Monitoring the provision for pupils with SEND;
- Providing relevant staff training and CPD;
- Writing and implementing action plans;
- Taking the lead on behaviour and SEMH;
- Making referrals and working with outside agencies.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- An opportunity to lead a team of dedicated professional in the development of a core subject;
- A strong commitment to your professional development as a leader;
- Dedicated release time weekly for leadership responsibilities;
If you are enthusiastic, and have high expectations of yourself and the children, we would welcome your application.
In order to apply for the role, please complete an application form and in no more than 500 words explain:
- Why you are interested in the role;
- What key skills and experience you bring to the role;
- Your vision for SEND provision, including SEMH and behaviour for Glebefields;
- What whole school projects you have led and the impact you have had.
Glebefields Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) clearance is required for this role.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
This post requires a Children’s Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post
Application forms and further details are available to download from below. If you require any further information or a visit to the school please contact the school direct.
Please return completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure application forms are signed if sending via email.
If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox in case any correspondence has been delivered there.
HOURS: Full Time
GRADE: Main Pay Range/Upper Pay Range plus TLR2b
LOCATION: Glebefields Primary, Sandgate Road, Tipton, DY4 0SX
CLOSING DATE: Friday 25th September 2020 at 12 noon
Interview Date: TBC