1 day left
25.0 Hours per Week
Would you like to make a difference to the lives of disabled people in Solihull?
We are offering a great opportunity to assist service users of all ages with special needs or learning or mobility difficulties to access local day centres or schools throughout the borough on Solihull Council’s Transport Fleet.
As a driver, you will hold a Category D1 driving licence and have a good understanding of the support required by people with learning and/or physical disabilities.
You will also:
- Be able to demonstrate basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Be physically fit and able to push and clamp wheelchairs.
- Be able to observe service users and respond to their diverse needs.
In return we offer:
- Annual leave starting at 24 days (pro rata) and rising to 29 days (pro rata) after 5 years service and the opportunity to buy additional days holiday per year.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities.
- Employee benefits including staff discount card and confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Due to the nature of the work, you will be required to work a split shift, which is anytime between 07:15 to 10:30 and 14:30 to 17:30, Monday to Friday.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Brian Davies, on 0121 704 6305.
Interviews to be held between week commencing 28th September 2020.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Adults & Childrens .
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job description and person specification