Revenues Officer x 2
Full Time - Temporary Contracts
NJC Scale 4 £19,554 - £21,166
Telford & Wrekin Council is an agile organisation that embraces innovation to address the changing public sector environment, and puts improving the quality of life of all local people at the heart of everything we do. The Revenues Service is looking to recruit 2 temporary full time Revenues Officers to join our busy teams and help shape the future of our service.
Do you thrive in a challenging environment? Can you make a difference for our customers and your team? Do you have what it takes to improve an already excellent service? Join us and help build on this success.
The post holder should possess 4 GCSE’s, grades A – C, including Mathematics and English Language.
In Revenues you need a broad skill set as you will be dealing with a wide variety of people from Council Tax payers, businesses and other support agencies. You will need to be good with numbers, able to interpret and explain legislation and be proficient with using IT systems.
A detailed knowledge of the legislation and guidance relating to Council Tax, National Non Domestic Rates, Benefit Overpayments, and Sundry debt income is desirable.
It would be beneficial if the post holder has previous experience working in a revenues environment or proactively dealt with the collection of debt.
- An organised and systematic approach to work to achieve performance targets.
- Ability to deal with customers in a professional, courteous and unbiased manner, to provide a high quality customer service.
- Excellent communication skills: both oral and written, to be able to explain complex legislation and communicate decisions effectively to customers.
- Ability to work through and interpret complex cases in a systematic order in accordance with relevant procedures.
- The ability to process high volumes of work efficiently and effectively and with a high degree of accuracy.
Please complete the online application form as CV's will not be accepted.
If these roles are of interest and you would like more information or an informal chat, please contact Jo Morton on 01952 383905.
Please note employees who are at risk will be considered first for this position. Only if an appointment is not made will other candidates be consideredSupporting documents
Job Description & Person Specification