Attendance Officer/Clerical Assistant
Attendance Officer (22.20 hrs) – Scale 3 SCP 5-6
Clerical Assistant (14.80 hrs) – Scale 2 SCP 3-4
Scale 2 (£6,180.40 – £6,303.90) per annum
Scale 3 (£9,645.22 - £9,838.17) per annum
Total Salary - £15,825.62 - £16,142.07 per annum (Pay Award Pending)
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking to appoint an Attendance Officer/Clerical Assistant to work in our large and busy First School in Redditch. The successful applicant will join a friendly and effective administrative team under the direction of our Office Manager and School Business Manager.
The main duties of this role are:
- Assisting the school in meeting its obligations and targets in relation to school attendance, especially persistent absence and improving punctuality.
- Maintaining pupil data systems.
- General office duties, e.g. photocopying, emailing, filing, work processing, reception duties.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- Good communication and ICT skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Experience of clerical and administrative work.
- Reliability, trustworthiness, efficiency and discretion.
Hours of Work:
Term time - 37 hours per week Term Time Only plus TED’s - 8.00am – 4.00pm Mon-Thurs. 8.00am – 3.30pm Friday
(1/2 hr unpaid lunch break each day)
Holidays are not allowed during term time.
Application form, person specification, job description and disqualification by association form are attached below, alternatively please request an application pack from the school, or E Mail: Miss S Newman (Office Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is subject to two good references which reflect your good practice and strengths, Oak Hill First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and complete a disqualification staff declaration form prior to taking up the position.
Closing Date: 18th September 2020 @ 9.00 am
Interview Date: To be confirmed