IRO Team Manager
Job title: IRO Team Manager
Do you have a clear vision of how you can improve the lives of children and young people?
Are you an inspirational leader that truly knows it’s workforce, one who listens, acts, connects and cares?
Yes? Then you may be just the fit we are looking for;
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting for a Team Manager for Safeguarding, we are looking for exceptional candidates who are passionate, committed and dedicated to improving the lives of children & young people.
Salary range: £47,845 - £50,900 dependent on experience plus the possibility of up to £6,500 relocation package.
Since the Trust’s inception in April 2018 our fabulous teams have won awards for Community Cohesion (The Teamwork Programme) and Youth Justice of the Year Award at the UK wide 2019 Shine a Light Awards (Sandwell Youth Offending Service). Our Staff Award events highlight the amazing work delivered by our dedicated individuals and teams and gives us a chance to show our appreciation to all who are on this improvement journey with us.
The Trust has recently secured funding from the Department of Education which will enable us to bring our ’12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’ to life, particularly around learning & development in offering development opportunities for all staff. Please visit our 12 reasons via this hyperlink: https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
As a new Trust we are agile, we understand where we are in our journey, our recent Ofsted monitoring visits reported;
- Sandwell Children’s Trust knows itself well.
- Management oversight has improved
- The workforce is increasingly stable; continued to attract and retain staff.
- Recruited additional agency staff above its established workforce, recognising the need to reduce caseloads
- The social workers talked to all spoke positively about working for Sandwell Children’s Trust.
- Progress has been made in ensuring that the first response to families and children in need is timely
What can Sandwell offer?
At the heart of England with excellent transport links, Sandwell offers a wealth of amenities to enhance your work life balance. With house prices lower than the national average and an ever-developing infrastructure, living in Sandwell is an attractive prospect for many.
Not only this but with an abundance of history, culture, arts, shopping and sporting venues to enjoy PLUS the development of venues for the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022, Sandwell really is an exciting place to be right now.
As an IRO Team Manager working in the Trust you will:-
- Be part of a wider management team involved in the delivery of the Units transformation plan
- Be responsible with the Service Manager for the development of the service to reflect needs identified by service users, carers, Children's services and other agencies, within available resources and in line with appropriate legislation
- Assist the Service Manager in the collection and interpretation of management information, with particular reference to Quality Assurance, to support the monitoring of the child protection and statutory review systems and to inform the planning of services
- You will be a Social Work England registered social worker with a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience in Children’s Social Care
- Be an inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to encourage team working, professional development and improve practice standards
- Experience of providing effective supervision to independent reviewing officers (IROs) and child protection conference chairs (CPCCs)
- You will require knowledge of the latest policy and guidance around children’s social care, safeguarding and children in care of the local authority
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, a head for complexity, and know how to improve services
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication and report writing skills
- Experience and good understanding of performance data quality assurance and their use in improving practice.
How to apply.
Interested, or have any questions? For an informal discussion contact our Recruitment team by emailing email@example.com
Please click on the apply button to complete an application form
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 27th September 2020
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.Supporting documents