Cleaner - Mesty Croft Academy
Mesty Croft Academy is seeking to appoint a Cleaner to join our highly motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking cleaning team. The successful candidate will work flexibly and as part of a team cleaning all areas of the school, to maintain the require standard of hygiene.
You will need to be diligent, efficient and professional. In addition, it is essential that you have the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Previous experience is preferred but not essential.
Duties will include: -
- Routine cleaning of premises and furnishings, to include vacuuming, damp dusting, mopping, machine cleaning floors, polishing, etc;
- To detect and report any premises defects to the Site Manager;
- Any other duties which reasonably fall within the role of the post holder;
- Key holder – responsible for opening and/or locking the school premises and gates in the absence of the Site Manager (overtime will be paid in accordance with the hours worked).
The successful candidate will: -
- Be reliable and flexible;
- Have an attention to detail;
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines, and produce work to the required standards and to agreed deadlines;
- Be able to adhere to health and safety and the statutory regulations;
- Have enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
- Have a professional attitude.
Start date: ASAP
Application packs are available to download from below or the school website:
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the school address:
Mesty Croft Academy, St. Luke’s Road, Wednesbury, WS10 0QY
CVs will not be accepted. Previous applicants need not apply.
This post requires a Children’s Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post
If you have provided an email address, correspondence will be sent via e-mail.
If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox incase any correspondence has been delivered there.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement of the role.
Mesty Croft Academy is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. The post holder will be expected to contribute to safeguarding in accordance with the agreed policy. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Hours: 17 hours per week (52 weeks per year)
Monday to Thursday from 3.00 to 6.30pm, Friday from 3.00 to 6.00pm
Grade: Grade A, SCP 1-2 (£17,364 - £17,711 p.a.). This is the full time salary and will be reduced according to hours/weeks worked.
Location: Mesty Croft Academy, St Luke's Road, Wednesbury, WS10 0QY
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th September 2020 at 4.00pm