Teaching Assistant Grade 3 with British Sign Language Level 2 + SEN
Required as soon as possible
Permanent (Linked to the child attending Swan Lane First School).
32 hours weekly - term time + TED days
A Teaching Assistant Grade 3 with British Sign Language Level 2 is required to support a hearing impaired child so that they can be fully immersed in life in a mainstream school.
Under the guidance of the Headteacher/SEND Lead and Class Teacher the successful candidate will be required to work with the child on a 1:1 basis, both inside and outside of the classroom, providing opportunities for learning. They will be required to implement approved work, deliver care and support programmes either individually or as part of a small group. The successful candidate will be required to develop positive relationships with both the pupil and their family and will be required to work closely with outside agencies in order to provide the pupil with the best support possible.
We are looking for a candidate who will be able to demonstrate that they have the ability:
- To support a hearing impaired pupil, ensuring safety and maximising access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To assist the class teacher in delivering the learning activities in the classroom by modifying the work to meet the needs of the child.
- To liaise closely with school staff and the visiting Teacher of the Deaf
- To structure work and to foster differentiation which allows maximum access to the curriculum.
- In liaison with the Headteacher/SEND Lead, develop strategies which are supportive to the hearing impaired pupil.
- In liaison with the Headteacher/SEND Lead, support a range of activities and experiences to broaden and enrich the individual’s learning.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and Disqualification by Association checks. Details about the school can be found by looking at the school website. www.swanlanefirstschool.worcs.sch.uk
To receive further information and an application form please email the PA, Mrs Claire Wharrad, on
Closing date; 17th September 2020
Interview date: Week Commencing 21st September (via Zoom conference call)