Teaching Assistant – Ref: TV13920
5 days left
Teaching Assistant to support a child with SEN
27.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
£12,444 - £13,740 pro rata salary
(Job share may be available for suitable candidates)
To start Monday 2nd November 2020 or earlier if needed
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed teaching assistant to support an individual child. The contract is temporary as it is linked to the child with SEN and is term-time only.
Our team is strong and experienced and our curriculum innovative.
You will need:
- To help plan learning activities and support the child, 1 to 1 and in a group, during those activities;
- To communicate effectively with the child, parents and colleagues;
- To establish good working relationships with the teacher/practitioner, SENCo and outside agencies;
- To support documentation of the child’s learning;
- To develop your own personal practice;
- NVQ level 2 qualification or equivalent (minimum)
- Experience of working with children in early years/KS1 would be an advantage
- A knowledge of MAKATON would be useful
- A great team of hardworking colleagues
- Outstanding children who are keen to learn
- Supportive parents and governors
- Opportunities for professional development
For an application pack please E-mail: email@example.com or contact Leighswood School, Broadmeadow, Aldridge, Walsall, WS9 8HZ.
Tel 01922 743621
Last date for receipt of completed application forms is 12.00pm on Friday 25th September 2020. Interviews will be held during w/c 28th September 2020.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.