Newfield Park Primary School
School Business Manager
Permanent Post - 37 hours per week
All Year Round
Grade 10 points 32-35
Required for 2.11.2020
The Governors of Newfield Park Primary School wish to appoint a passionate, self-motivated and proactive professional to join our team. We are looking to appoint an experienced Business Manager who will work closely with our Head Teacher and Senior Leadership team and play a leading role in the management of the non- teaching aspects of school life.
Newfield Park Primary School is a predominately 2 form entry school with 2 of our year groups having 3 classes each. In 2018 the school benefited from DfE funding which modernised the school and took away mobile classrooms giving us 7 new classrooms, additional toilets and an outdoor area for our early year’s provision.
The role will include managing the day to day administration and financial aspects of the school as well as premises, health and safety, personnel, safeguarding and payroll matters. In addition you will work in conjunction with SLT to provide the support they need to take our school forward.
We are looking for an experienced Business Manager, ideally from an educational setting who has:
- Previous experience of finance and budget management, preferably in an education setting. This will include the ability to produce an annual budget plan for Governors to consider, and preparation and submission of financial documents throughout the year for the Local Authority and DfE. You should be able to give financial advice to the Head and Governors, which will allow them to make relevant decisions regarding the school purchases and development.
- An excellent and up to date understanding of financial regulations in relation to local authority and schools finances.
- The ability to work under pressure, be highly motivated and have the ability to prioritise.
- Line management experience and be able to take responsibility for members of school support staff including the administration team and premises staff.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and using technology wherever possible to streamline processes within the office environment.
- Drive and enthusiasm to support others within our organisation.
Newfield Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for this role.
If you wish to discuss this post further please ring 01384 818640 and ask to speak to Mr Payne our Head Teacher.
School visits are welcomed and our school office staff will arrange this for you, please call on the above telephone number to arrange a suitable time or email email@example.com
The closing date for the receipt of your application is Thursday 24th September 2020 at 12 noon.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 29th September 2020
*Dudley council has a contractual 3 days mandatory unpaid leave which, for the majority of services, are fixed at the Christmas period. This represents a pay deduction of 1.15% in return for which employees are afforded three days unpaid leave (pro-rata for part time staff).
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/.
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at https://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents
Manager School Business Person Specification
School Business Manager Job Description