Site Manager - Tipton Green Junior School
To commence ASAP.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Site Manager to manage and be responsible for the maintenance, security and cleanliness of the school premises & site. You will be expected to represent the school when dealing with contractors & suppliers. Be involved in the repair and upkeep of the building and site and be responsible for the school premises when they are used for external lettings.
The role will require you to use your initiative, work to deadlines and be flexible with a problem-solving approach.
If you have experience in facilities management, enjoy working with a wide range of people and wish to help us maintain a beautiful learning environment for our children, please get in touch. Tipton Green Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share the commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Act as designated key holder and responsible for the routine and non routine opening and closing of the site and security.
- Ensure the buildings and site is secure and take action if required including arranging emergency repairs.
- Supervision of premises staff.
- Reporting of major repairs
- Assist business manager with obtaining quotes for contract renewal and larger premises repairs
- Liaise with contractors, suppliers and builders
- Oversee onsite maintenance contractors, checking work is completed to required standards and within timescales.
- Some cleaning duties are required
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Any offer of appointment will be subject to successful DBS clearance and 2 satisfactory references and a clear Disqualification by association return.
If this sounds of interest and you have direct experience within a school environment then please contact the school office on 0121 557 9242 for an application form.
Informal visits to the school are welcome.
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th September 2020
35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Band E Scale point 18 - 25 £12.60 – £14.92 per hour £24,373 - £28,785 (pro rata)
Tipton Green Junior School, Manor Road, Tipton Green, West Midlands, DY4 8PR
Friday 18th SeptemberSupporting documents
Job Description/Person Specification