Teaching Assistant Level 2
Hales Valley Multi Academy Trust is a primary academy trust, based in Dudley, West Midlands. We currently consist of five very different primary schools, ensuring that our Trust is a diverse and exciting place to work and learn.
We put our children at the heart of everything we do and are dedicated to providing them with an enriching curriculum, underpinned by our overall commitment to high standards across the board.
We value our staff and ensure that they are well supported and trained. We have a continual professional development guarantee that provides a clear career pathway of training and opportunities for all staff at all levels.
Our family of schools work closely together, ensuring that staff and children benefit from sharing the excellent practice that exists across the Trust. Our schools are well supported by the Local Governing Committees, the Board of Directors and the Trust Central team.
We believe that we are stronger together – all schools sharing capacity, resources and expertise. We believe that collaboration is fundamental to providing the best learning opportunities through a meaningful curriculum where children and adults acquire the knowledge, skills and positive attitudes to prepare and strengthen them for their role in society: today, tomorrow and in the future. We support and care for each other, especially when things go wrong; we are a family.
This role provides you with an opportunity to join our family to improve outcomes for children. If you are interested in finding out more please do get in touch – we would be very happy to meet with you!
Level 2 Teaching Assistant (Job vacancy reference: HVT 0099)
As a Teaching Assistant your main responsibilities will include: in-class support, group work, interventions, 1:1 support, first aid and general welfare. The roles require a good knowledge of current practices, including phonics, a positive approach, a willingness to learn and a desire to be part of an effective team.
You will be supporting a SEND pupil in a classroom setting.
You will be appointed on Grade 3, working 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year. Your working pattern will be discussed at interview stage.
Your actual salary range will be £13,910 per annum.
- Be an effective practitioner with the ability and desire to improve their practice
- Have high expectations of yourself and others
- Have a proven record of working in partnership with class teachers which has resulted in good attainment and progress for children
- Have experience of working with pupils on a 1:1 basis
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be highly organised, motivated and flexible with the ability to inspire and challenge children
- Be able to promote the vision and values of the school, demonstrating high professional standards.
We can offer you:
- Highly motivated staff
- A leadership team whose focus is on improving outcomes for our children
- Children who value learning and supportive parents
- An ethos of valuing staff and their Professional Development
- A stimulating learning environment which is conducive to learning
For more information about this role please see attached job description and person specification.
To apply, please complete an application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please clearly quote the vacancy you are applying for on the application form.
Closing Date: 8th October 2020
Shortlisting: 9th October 2020
Interviews: 16th October 2020
All applicants short listed will be required to take part in a formal interview.
For informal discussions please contact Gina Doveston on 01384 816845
Additional Information: It is a requirement that all our staff have an enhanced DBS check as Hales Valley Trust is committed to the welfare and safeguarding of all pupils and staff. All appointments are subject to detailed and satisfactory references and health check being received.