Deputy Head Teacher (Christ Church Primary School, Lichfield)
2 days left
Christ Church CE Primary School, Lichfield
Deputy Head Teacher
Salary Scale: L11-15
Start date: January 2021 (earlier if possible)
The children, governors and staff of our thriving, high achieving school, seek to appoint an outstanding practitioner to the position of non-class based Deputy Head Teacher from January 4th 2020 (or sooner if possible). Christ Church CE (c) Primary School is a two form entry school and currently has 421 pupils on roll.
We are seeking to appoint an applicant who:
- Will be an ambassador for Teaching and Learning across the school
- Is an inspirational and outstanding practitioner
- Has high expectations of learners’ achievement, progress and behaviour
- Can motivate, inspire, lead and support colleagues in all areas of teaching and learning
- Demonstrates vision, energy and determination
- Is committed to working in partnership with staff, parents, governors and the local community
- Has a good understanding of the use of formal and informal assessment, monitoring and data analysis as an effective tool to accelerate progress and raise achievement
Main areas of responsibility are:
- Accountable for leading, developing and driving forward our Christ Church ‘Big Question’ curriculum
- Accountable for leading and developing subject leaders across the school
- Accountable for standards in Year 6
- Responsible for overseeing and holding to account English and Maths leadership
- Responsible for ICT communications
- Responsible for the management of Teaching Assistants: driving the effectiveness of intervention and monitoring the progress of children including the lowest 20% readers
- Accountable for leading performance management
- Deputising for the Head Teacher
We can offer:
- A positive, enthusiastic staff committed to achieving the best for all pupils.
- A caring creative atmosphere, which achieves high standards.
- A bright, cheerful, well-resourced and maintained school.
- Happy, motivated and well behaved children.
- A great opportunity to develop your professional skills as a leader.
- Skilled, supportive governors.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. For appointments please contact the school office on: 01543 227 210
Visit dates: Wednesday 9th September 4pm or Tuesday 15th September 4pm
(Please note, we will not be doing visits during the school day due to COVID-19)
Closing date: 21st September 2020
Interview date: 9th October 2020
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warning. Cautions and convictions in your application form.