Apprentice Teaching Assistant - Ref: TV15120
Salisbury Primary School – Apprentice Teaching Assistant
Phone: 0121 6674066 Address: Salisbury Primary School, Salisbury Street, Darlaston, Walsall, WS10 8BQ
Salisbury Primary School is ‘GOOD’ - Ofsted March 2019.
Apprentice Teaching Assistant x 2 Level 3 - 35 hours per week, term time only + Training days. This post will be Monday to Friday 8.30am-4.00pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm Wednesday 8.30am – 3.30pm Friday.
Salisbury Primary School is an exciting place to work due to the rapid journey of improvement over the last few years. It is a great opportunity to work with forward thinking staff and be part of a passionate enthusiastic team. We are an inspirational and creative curriculum school and we are building the foundations for happy and successful life-long learners.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Be fully supportive of the ethos of the school.
- Be willing to learn.
- Be a positive role model in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone or as part of a team.
- Give attention to detail.
- Good time management.
- Have the capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed.
- Hold yourself to high personal standards.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be committed to helping and supporting children from all backgrounds.
- Follow safeguarding and child protection procedures including the ability to handle confidential information.
- Have an adaptable and professional approach to the responsibilities of the post.
- Have good ICT skills.
- GCSE English and Mathematics Grade A-C or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills.
- Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification.
Salisbury Primary School is a values based, inclusive school at the heart of a culturally diverse community. In striving for excellence, we also aim to be inclusive and nurturing. We take pride in fostering enjoyment of learning that will lead to children being the best that they can be in all areas of the curriculum.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate commitment, energy and drive to join our team and work to provide positive learning experiences for all our pupils. In return we can offer a supportive working environment where all staff are valued and where there are opportunities for professional development.
How to apply
Application forms are available on our website or alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Completed application forms should be returned via email to the school along with a 2-page personal statement. Your statement should show how you meet the criteria of the post to which you are applying and how your examples demonstrate impact. Posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: Friday 18th September 2020 at 11am
Interview Date: TBC