Level 2 Teaching Assistant - Ref: TV15420
Short Heath Federation
Lane Head Nursery, Rosedale C of E Infant School, Short Heath Junior School
LEVEL 2 Teaching Assistant, Term Time Only
30hrs a week
Grade G4 £19,554 - £21,589 Pro-Rata to hours worked.
Actual Salary from £13,577 per annum £10.14 per hour
Our Federation offers a unique opportunity for a very special kind of teaching assistant to work in a single phase school, as well as the chance to work alongside colleagues from other phases, in order to enhance your professional development.
We are now entering a really exciting phase in our Federation’s development, as we are the West Walsall Nurture Hub, leading in schools on developing Restorative Practice, active members of the Attachment Research Community, working collaboratively on delivering Autism Education Trust training and continuing to develop our Specialist learning provisions in response to an increased number of children with specific additional needs! We are also just going into the third phase of our expansion to three form entry (with a building project on its way). This is great news for our current staff and for you! We can offer more opportunities for career development over time and more CPD than ever before! We are a fully inclusive school and enjoy the challenge of meeting the needs of every child in a unique way. Our practice is recognised as exceptional. Our staff are too.
Opportunities exist in our Federation schools for Level 2 Teaching Assistants who will inspire our children, ensuring they make good progress and enjoy learning. Your specialism may be in Early Years, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2. We can offer permanent, fixed term and casual contracts in all phases.
You need resilience, strength of character and a professional curiosity in order to support our children’s needs which can be many and varied.
For this role, we are ideally interested in finding a Teaching Assistant with experience of, or training in, the Principles of Nurture as advocated by Nurture Group UK. You must have a working knowledge of Attachment and Trauma in children and how adverse childhood experiences can create a barrier to learning. You will advocate the belief that every behaviour is a communication of an unmet need.
Applications are invited from candidates who:
- Enjoy motivating and exciting children about learning
- Have working knowledge and experience of working with children with ADHD, ASD, SLD and MLD
- love working as part of a team
- Are able to use their own initiative, thinking creatively
- Are skilled at using teacher’s planning to deliver in class support, individual and small group intervention
- Have GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Are able to support children to be independent learners
- Are keen to develop themselves and others
- Are imaginative, energetic, enthusiastic and hardworking
- Nurture and encourage children to fulfil their potential
We can offer
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, happy children and families!
- A strong dedicated team, who are committed to maintaining high standards whilst still having fun!
- A structured programme of CPD, working closely with colleagues in our federated schools
If you can see yourself being part of our team, you can download an application pack from our website - www.shortheathfederation.org.uk . We would love you to come and see what life is like here but can’t at the moment – instead, drop an email to Cathy Draper, our Executive Head email@example.com. , who will give you a call if you want one.
Closing date for applications is 12.00 Noon on Monday 21st September 2020.
Interviews will be held on Friday 25th September.
Short Heath Federation is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, keeping children safe in education and promoting British Values in school and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure check and a completed Disqualification by Association form, along with relevant pre-employment checks, including two suitable professional references.Supporting documents
Level 2TA_Application-Form TV__SHF_SEPT2020.doc
TA2 [Mainstream] job description.pdf
Information_LEVEL 2_TA_JULY 2020.pdf