Academic Coach (English) - Ref: TV15620
1 day left
The Streetly Academy, Queslett Road East
SUTTON COLDFIELD, B74 2EX
Tel: 0121-353 2709 / Fax: 0121-353 0212
ACADEMIC COACH (ENGLISH)
TEMPORARY POST TO 31 AUGUST 2021 IN THE FIRST INSTANCE
Date posted: Friday 11 September 2020
Closing date: Monday 21 September 2020
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: NJC scale 12-22
Contract Term: Fixed to 31 August 2021 in the first instance.
Contract Type: term Time – 37 hours per week. Actual pay £18,889 - £23,540 pa
Do you want to make a difference to the next generation? This is an exciting and diverse role which provides the opportunity to work in innovative ways with individuals or small groups to help them fulfil their potential.
The Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sport specialism, and make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE and Sport. This links closely to our PRIDE values, which are based on the Olympic and Para Olympics values.
We can offer you;
- A considerate employer with regard for your well-being and family priorities
- A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- Opportunity for the appropriate and suitably qualified candidate, to support the transition to a School Direct Programme in September 2021 – a number of our coaches have successfully made this move within our school and are now fully qualified teachers.
- Every member of staff and student is equipped with a Chromebook device to aid innovative teaching and reduce workload
- Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in their appearance
- A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
- Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and padel tennis courts.
We are looking for;
- A qualified and enthusiastic team player to support the academic achievement of our students. Ideally, the successful candidate will hold an English Degree qualification
- An individual who is committed to delivering active and engaging learning, which enthuses young people and motivates them to want to succeed
- The successful candidate will contribute to the management and delivery of study support programs in English
- A strong communicator who can collaborate effectively with students, parents and work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to monitor progress and evaluate the coaching initiative
- An individual with a continued commitment to their own professional development.
Full details of this vacancy and relevant application forms are available via our website at: www.thestreetlyacademy.co.uk
Last date for receipt of completed applications: midnight on Monday 21 September 2020
Interviews to be held on Monday 28 September 2020.
The Streetly Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are each subject to an Enhanced DBS check and prohibition from teaching check.